Watchdog is looking for an experienced professional to join our West Coast office. Send us your resume today!
Senior Real Estate Project Manager
Los Angeles, CA
Watchdog Real Estate Project Managers is an independent consulting and project management firm that provides customized real estate services to corporate, commercial and institutional industries that seek excellence, experience and a high-level of attention to detail.
Watchdog is a high-energy, highly collaborative working environment. Watchdog services a variety of clients across multiple sectors. We pride ourselves on protecting our clients against loss, waste, theft and undesirable conditions. We find creative solutions to make sure our client’s projects stay on time and on budget. Watchdog has built our reputation based on excellence in project management and client satisfaction.
We offer a competitive benefit package including:
Paid Unlimited Time Off
Paid Parental Leave
Health, Vision, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance
Flexible work environment
We are looking for experienced individuals to become an integral part of a cohesive Project Management Team. This candidate must have at least seven years of experience or exposure to real estate, construction, engineering or architectural services.
We are looking for candidates who love what they do and are eager to serve as a leader, advance their career and grow as an individual. This is an opportunity to be a leader in a growing team. Candidates should embrace an entrepreneurial environment that is reinforced by collaboration, idea sharing, support and mentorship.
- Assemble and manage a team of professionals for successful project execution, while assuring adherence to established administrative processes and procedures.
- Cultivate and maintain a positive working relationship with all client representatives and service providers operating on the project.
- Lead construction meetings on all projects. Serve as liaison between the client and all other project resources.
- Accurately report and forecast project budgets and schedules.
- Proactively identify, report and mitigate all project risks.
- Adhere to all project management processes that are applicable for each project.
- Accurate forecasting and development of the capital plan.
- Responsible for timely processing of all invoices.
- Consistently meets budget and schedule performance goals.
- Read and understand documentation defining projects including leases and abstracts in order to comply with the lease to secure Landlord approvals prior to work and determine responsibility for funding project.
- Competitively bid all vendor services for each project as required or necessary.
- Excel in all phases of Corporate Real Estate Project Management activities; end-to-end project accountability.
- Meet with client prior to each project to define project requirements, identify success factors, develop measurement tools and communicate measurable added value to client.
- Ensure contracting process is followed and service levels are compliance with agreements.
- Manage project finances for respective capital projects.
- Submit timely Cost and Schedule Change Requests to ensure variance does not exceed current defined threshold.
- Perform construction administration.
- Oversee FF&E procurement and installation.
- Self-motivated & eager to learn
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (including MS Project) as well as Adobe Acrobat
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Strong verbal / written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Stress & time management skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Team player with the ability to collaborate inside and outside the organization.
- Communication, consensus building and building relationships- especially client relationships.
- Experience in real estate, construction, engineering or architectural services: 7+ years
- To apply for the Senior Project Manager position, please email your resume to Stephen Fean at [email protected]