Join Watchdog on Wednesday, May 15 at 11:45 a.m. for the next presentation in our lunch and learn series, Food for Thought. Watchdog hosts top industry experts who lead interactive discussions on innovative topics that are impacting our industry today. And if that isn’t enough, there is lunch too!
Date: Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Time: 11:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: Watchdog- 2218 Race Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Presenter: Humanscale Ergonomic Furniture
Designing Healthy Work Environments
The course explores current client oriented challenges in proactively addressing ergonomic concerns and seeks to bridge the gap between workplace aesthetics and functionality. An overview of common musculoskeletal problems facing today’s intensive computer users is provided and key research developments in the areas of seating, input device design, display technology, sit to stand solutions, lighting and employee level training are discussed. Participants will learn how ergonomic principles are being applied to the design of computer workstations to reduce employee discomfort and risk of injury while lowering employer costs.
The presentation will include:
• Discussion of workplace trends and design challenges
• Introduction to ergonomics
• Discussion of awkward postures and associated musculoskeletal risk factors
• Minimizing extreme postures and injury through design and training
• Five key elements of an ergonomic workstation
· The chair
· Keyboard and mouse
· Monitor and document placement
· Sit to stand solutions
· Lighting and glare issues
• Benefits of implementing an ergonomics program
Food for Thought events are free and open to the public. Please feel free to invite a colleague or a connection!