Join Watchdog on Wednesday, May 1 at 11:45 a.m. for the next presentation in our lunch and learn series, Food for Thought. Watchdog hosts top industry experts who lead interactive discussions on innovative topics that are impacting our industry today. And if that isn’t enough, there will be lunch too!
Date: Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Time: 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: Watchdog- 2218 Race Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Presenter: Wohlsen Construction
Cost Estimating Best Practices:
Cost estimating should lead to profitable business and satisfied clients. However, it can rapidly veer towards loss of money (estimates too low) or loss of customers (estimates too high). No matter what size a project is, estimators and project managers must thoroughly understand the project’s design details. How do we do this with limited time and resources? With the combination of a solid estimating system, state-of-the-art tools, and expert judgment, cost estimating can be the foundation of a successful business.
What We’ll Cover:
- Is Cost Estimating an Art or Science?
- How Business Development helps (and hurts) the cost estimating process?
- Potential pitfalls for people doing Cost Estimating.
- How technology and estimating software improve accuracy and increase speed of delivery.
- The added value of the human cost estimator – Characteristics of good cost estimators.
- Plan for the Unexpected – Cost estimating experience and judgment.
- How different markets and geographic regions require different estimating skills.
- Ways Owner’s help the estimating process.
Food for Thought events are free and open to the public. Please feel free to invite a colleague or connection!