Watchdog Discusses Project Delivery Methods
Steve Takoushian, Senior Project Manager at Watchdog Real Estate Project Management, discusses the two types of project delivery methods.
– Contractor holds the contract for the design team and directs process.
– Faster pre-construction period.
– The design team puts together a set of documents, and then contractors place competitive bids on the project.
– The owner holds the contract and controls the design process.
– More sequential design, price, build process.
– Contractors bid a design contract and performance criteria which will be developed into a set of construction documents. This approach can facilitate the design and pricing period resulting in a shorter pre-construction phase and a quicker construction start.