As Real Estate Project Managers, not only do we hire all of the contractors involved in our projects, but we also manage and oversee the construction process. Construction safety is a huge factor when it comes to projects, and to the selections that we make. If you are a contractor that takes construction safety seriously, chances are that you are a quality contractor that is committed to customer satisfaction and staying within schedule and budget. That is the kind of service that we want to provide to our clients, and the type of seriousness we want to see when it comes to job site safety.
We thought we would test your general knowledge of construction safety. Take your best shot and be sure to share with friends and colleagues; a little healthy completion is surely a safe move.
- Which incidents does OSHA Consider the “Fatal Four?”
B- Struck by objects
C- Trench collapses
D- Caught in/between
E- Heat Stroke
2. Of the “Fatal Four,” which is the leading cause of construction deaths every year?
B- Injuries related to equipment malfunctioning
C- Heat Stroke
3. Which is the most common OSHA violation of any industry?
A- Electrical systems design
B- Fall protection
C- Respiratory protection
D- Hazard communication standard
4. Construction worker fatalities accounted for what percentage of worker deaths across all private industries?
5. OSHA is expected to increase fines up to what percentage later this year?
6. Per OSHA, self-supporting and portable ladders shall be capable of supporting ____ times the maximum intended load:
7. All of the following are signs of heat stroke EXCEPT:
A- Red, hot, dry skin
B- High temperatures
C- Blurred vision
Answers: 1) A, B, D, F, 2) A; 3) B, 4) A, 5) D, 6) C, 7) C